Monday 27 May 2013

A Good Life

When traffic-free, calm Monday nights are like Sunday nights you know it's a Bank Holiday! My turn after a day at work to unwind with a crisp, cold white wine. Love those boxes of never ending nectar but not when you squeeze out the last dregs like urine from a colostomy bag! Well, it all comes out the same way in the end. A great holiday in Northumberland, Newcastle and London. Invitations to France and Spain make it even more rewarding. I met up with close friends I haven't seen in months. I have been in hibernation but am now getting my life back into sharp focus after a frozen year of anxiety and confusion. I am finding purpose again and confidence. Not least my humour which was bruised and flattened. I return to Ely with a new perspective and do not feel so trapped and unmotivated. I have never thought I am badly off, in fact I am very fortunate and life my life on my terms. It is the love and support of family and friends who allow this. Who look after me and encourage me. Who contribute to the parts of me that make up my personality and character. Life is back in all its visceral vitality and vigour.

No comments:

Post a Comment